Friday, March 9, 2012

I'm not crazy, really!

But it's going to sound like I am.

Well maybe I am, since I am a runner and I think we're all slightly crazy.  We'd have to be, to some of the things we do.

But back to what I wanted to write about.  My favorite songs to run to have an inspirational quality to their lyrics.  Often times they may be about a bad break up.  And when I'm running, I sing along, and direct those lyrics to myself.  To my fat girl self.  She's like a bad ex that keeps coming back, asking to be forgiven, and like an idiot, I "take her back" and then give in to the bad eating habits, the bad living habits really.  I listen to her when she tells me its ok to skip a run, to stay in bed, to eat that half of a cheese cake (which I did last night), and all those other bad things.  I gain weight, and just feel miserable again. 
So when I'm running, I sing those songs to her.  Like this one.  In hopes of finding the strength to kick her out for good, and not take her back. I will one of these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment