Friday, June 29, 2012

Runners are crazy and other thoughts

I've already known this, but after my run yesterday morning, I believe it even more.


First, it was my birthday.  And what do I do?  I set my alarm for 5:15 am to go for a run.  While I didnt get to the park until 5:45 am but I went.  I hate getting up early for anything, but did so I could go running on my birthday.  I knew it was going to be way too hot to go later, so I woke up early to go. 

When I got to the park, I saw a man running, and he was running very carefully and slowly.  I figured he was either new to running or was coming back from an injury.  I caught up to him and passed him but before I passed him we talked a bit. 

Running guy: "I usually run much faster than this, but I have a a muscle injury"

I had to laugh and mentioned I understand injuries and have knee issues.  He just laughed and said "That's running for ya!" 

As I pass him and continue on my run, I have a couple of thoughts.  First, the only time I can pass anyone is if they are injured ;) lol and the other is how I know of many people who have been injured in some way while running.  And yet, most of them always go back to it or if they cant, they WANT to.   I've hurt my foot, my hip and my knee, and I still want to run.  It's so hard to explain why.  You would think I woudlnt want to, because of hurting myself, but that almost makes me want to do it more - to prove to myself that I can do it. 

Anyway, I had such an awesome run yesterday morning.  It was warm and a slow run, but I really enjoyed myself.  I felt so happy after my run, I cant even explain why.

I woke up early twice this week to go running, and I'm so glad I did.  There is something wonderful about running in the early morning before the day is started.  Tuesday morning was beautiful and perfect.  There was fog on the water and it was a crisp cool morning.  I loved it.  I will try to conintue running in the morning, I just need to go to bed earlier! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment