Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Week from Today

I will be in Washington DC and will be running in the Marine Corps Marathon. 

Wow. 

I know it's just 7 days away and that terrifies me!  I am so scared I wont finish and I'll feel like I did when I couldn't finish the Bayshore Marathon in 2010.  I alternate with being excited about it, to wanting to throw up and cry because I am afraid!

I did a 20 mile training run 2 weeks ago, and I meant to write about it.  It was hard.  I was cold and alone and was sore.  I kept going and had to walk a lot more than I wanted to, so it took me much longer than I had hoped.  But the thing is, I didn't quit.  I had opprotunity to - my husband was bringing me water and the car was right there and I could have easily thrown the towel in and let him give me a ride home.  But I did not.  I could not do that.  I had to keep going, even though it took me a half hour longer than what is allowed in the race.  I am so proud of myself that I kept going. 

I did my last longer training run today, and it was a beautiful, fall Michigan day.  It was sunny and crisp and the leaves were pretty.  I did 8.09 today, and it wasn't a bad run.  My pace was 13:41 and I felt ok.  I pay attention to every little pain I get and kind of freak out a bit. 

I can do this.  I have to keep telling myself that and not let the fear take over.  I can do this.  Right?  Please? 

No comments:

Post a Comment