Saturday, January 25, 2014

I am STILL cold!

Today I did my first long run of my marathon training.  I had a hard time this week running and skipped two 3 mile runs.  I plan to make one up tomorrow though!  It was just stupid excuses that caused me to not run.

So today, after reading about a friend getting out there in the cold, snowy weather, I decided I better get moving.  And because the weather is going to be worse tomorrow, I did my long run outside today.  It was "warm" ;) (at 20 degrees when I started). 

I did 6 miles today and overall, had fun.  I was cold but I smiled a lot. 

But I also did a lot of thinking and thought about how my run today was somewhat of a waste.  Yes, it's good that I did it and am building my miles back up even though it was slow.  It's a waste because of how I've been eating.  I am not eating well.  I'm over eating and eating a lot of junk.  I am doing better than I was in November and December but I am still not doing well.  I need to do better.

Anyway, I think I am ready.  Ready to get back on track and lose the weight I regained over the holidays and get back to losing weight and getting under 200 lbs.  I know I have said this so many times  but I want to make this time stick!  It was so uncomfortable running today.  I can feel my fat on my back.  And it's the most annoying uncomfortable feeling.  I'll probably write more tomorrow about getting back on track. 

Back to the run: I started out at 14 min miles and ended up at almost 18 min miles for the last mile.  lol I was so cold!  I couldn't feel my legs or my arms or my hands.  And my feet!  They are still cold.  I strained my right hip this time but I think I did that from having to run up a hill in the snow - I could feel it kind of pull it.  But it's feeling ok now so hopefully it doesn't come back. 

This older lady who was walking (with a walking stick!) said to me "We deserve a medal for getting out here today, like at the Olympics!"  I laughed and agreed with her.  But this run is getting me closer to that medal - to finish the race I didn't finish 4 years ago.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Proud of you for getting out there. You are one run closer to that medal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thank you, Darling!!! I felt pretty awesome when I was done.

    ReplyDelete