Monday, March 3, 2014

Sorry for the lack of posts...

But I am still running.  Kind of.  I had a bad run last weekend - I was scheduled to do 10 and I did 2.  And I mostly walked.  I did not want to do it on the treadmill and the conditions at the park I run at were not ideal for running.  Lots of slushy water and lots of snow and areas covered in ice and water.  So I did 2 miles and went home.

I did a 5 mile run on the treadmill last night and bruised up my wrist.  lol.  Only me, right?  So, I tend to move my arms weird and I kept tapping my wrist on the front bar on my treadmill.  When you do that over and over you'll get a bruise.  And this is actually the 2nd time I've done this.  It looks really bad - I think people who don't know me may think I don't have a safe home life because of how bad it looks. 

Yesterday I made up my 10 mile run.  And did it on the treadmill.  It wasn't horrible - I'd rather run outside, that's for sure.  But it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be the previous weekend.  It was doable and I may have to do 12 on it next weekend.  Hopefully not, but I'm prepared to do it.  I can do it. 

Anyway, I was able to keep my pace fairly steady at 4.1 - which is around 14:30/mile.  Which is near what my goal pace is for the race this May.  So I felt good about that.  I did up the pace the last mile, mainly because I was just ready to be done.  I did have to stop a few times - needed a new bondiband (since I was at home I figured I could take the time and get a dry one), had to fix my shoe, needed some more water (my waterboy was busy! :) ) and had to eat part of a luna bar.  It wasn't a perfect run - I would have prefered to NOT stop for those things.  I walked a couple of times too - to drink and eat and just to catch my breath for a minute the last mile.  But over all, I'm satisfied with how that run went.  I just hope my treadmill is accurate - because I don't feel too bad for running 10 miles. 

I took today off - mainly because I didn't sleep well.  But I plan to get on the treadmill tomorrow and continue adding in weights. 

Still fat - not losing much weight because I keep having unhealthy days where I just overeat.  :/ Back on track (again) tomorrow. 

Oh and my 5 mile run last week on the treadmill = awesome.  I felt so good when I finished.  I did my version of speed work and had fun.  I like runs where I have fun!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment