Sunday, July 10, 2011

14 miler coming up!

I've actually been doing a little better, lately with running on a better, regular basis.  I went running a couple of times after work last week, and while it was hard because I was tired, I'm glad I went.


I ran 4.5 miles on Saturday.  It was slow - it was hot out though.  And I'm glad that I didn't push myself so hard to run faster, just to get a better time.  I think I paced in the high 12's or low 13's, which wasn't too bad, considering how much I ended up walking because it was so hot.


But this coming weekend, I have to do 14 miles!  Yikes!  I also need to find a hill or two to train on.  There is a LONG hill on the MCM course, that is like 2 freakin miles!  I don't know what I'm going to do, as I cant think of an area around here that has a 2 mile climb. 


I'm planning on running the 14 miles on Friday, so I'll update on how it goes!  I hope to get under 3 hours for it too.  We'll see how it goes.  For 12 min/miles, its 2:48:00 and for 13 min/miles its 3:02:00.  So anything under 3 will be great!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear how the 14 mile run goes...you rock Liz!! -Karen

    ReplyDelete