Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Another good run!

I went out for a short, 2.2 mile run this afternoon.  It was good!  I beat my time from the other day, and did it in 26:01.  I was hoping for under 26, but I was happy with that.  I didn't have any knee pain, which is awesome.  I think the rest, even though it sucked big time, helped a lot.  I also have started stretching after my runs - not as much or as thorough as I should, but at least I'm doing it now.  I also did the one work out DVD the other day, and plan to do it again soon.  I hope to get up to doing that 3x a week. 

So yeah, I'm getting out of the funk/bad mood/depressive state I was in.  I'm eating better - still not logging my food, but at least eating a little better.  Our food scale's batteries died, so it makes it hard to measure stuff out.  I really like the scale so much better than counting out pieces or using measuring cups.  Hopefully I'll be able to lose the 4 or so lbs I gained back, and start losing new weight again. 

I'm doing better.  I'm glad to be back to running, and glad to not have the knee pain anymore.  I cant wait for April - thats when I get to officially start training for MCM '12.  Its only 6 months away :)  I also want to try to get in a half marathon before that too, but it'll be winter, and I'm not sure how many I can find in Michigan! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment