Friday, September 16, 2011

Update....

I went to the Dr last Tuesday.  He felt it was an overuse issue, and that if it didn't get worse, and I went to PT, I can still run the race.  I also had xrays taken of my knee and ankle, and those came back clear, which is good.

I had my first PT session last night, and what it comes down to is this:

I have a big ass.  And the slight knock knees and pigeon toes (toed? I don't know) don't help.  I have weak hip muscles and my right leg, is weaker than my left.  Which is odd since I am right handed. 
Nintin (my physical therapist) who was this cute little Indian guy, was trying to say in a nice way that because I was heavier in the past, and that my hips are still heavy (I was starting to laugh as he said that, because I just really wanted to say - so its because I have a big ass, right??) and my hips are weak, its causing my knee cap to track. 

I can run.  But I cant just go out and do my regular routine.  I have to first warm up on the bike.  And then do the stretches and strengthening exercises.  Then I can walk, and do a slow jog/run.  As I told him thats what I do anyway, because I'm really slow.  And then after that I have to do the stretches and exercises again.  At least I was given the ok to run, right?  I'm supposed to do the stretches and exercises at least every other day, but work up to every day and twice a day.  I think I'm also going to try to force myself to get back to the exercise DVDs.  I really shouldn't have stooped them when I started running.  But it was nice to have something I enjoyed doing, rather than forcing myself to work out. 

So.  Good news.  I just hope that I can still run this marathon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment