Saturday, September 3, 2011

Being hurt just plain sucks

Thats really all.  My knee and ankle are feeling better today, but its still not quite right.  I think I may have figured out something that is contributing to my leg pain, but not sure if changing it will help.  I realized that I sleep in an odd position with my right leg.  I sleep on my left side, but then tuck and twist my right leg under my left.  Its so hard to explain, but as I was laying in bed the other night, I realized it puts a lot of strain and stress on my knee and ankle. 

Last night, I made sure to NOT sleep like that, and it is hard to change sleeping positions!  I never realized how comfortable I feel laying like that, and I was so uncomfortable in any other position. 
I do have a Dr appointment on Tuesday, so we'll see what he says.  I'm worried he's going to tell me that I'm out for this race.  I really hope not.  I don't want to defer and I don't want to sell my spot.  I really want to do this. 

I'm feeling really good about everything.  My life, and me are pretty awesome.  I'm so glad I see that now.  Its so nice to feel happy.  Really happy about everything.  Well not EVERYthing, if you know where I work ;) but I have a feeling that is going to work its self out soon ;) 

Anyway, I haven't run since Wednesday.  I tried a short treadmill run, and it did not go well.  My ankle was sore, and my knee too.  Which is what prompted me to call my Dr that day, and get an appointment. 
I'll update Tuesday afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment