Sunday, February 2, 2014

Thank you, Moulin Rouge and The Biggest Loser

For getting me through this awful run on the treadmill.  I had 7 miles to do and had planned to do it outside but chickend out.  It was cold out and when I got to the park, I had to pee and the bathrooms are closed for the season.  And I was cold.  And wanted to not run at all. 

So I came home and got on the treadmill.  It sucked.  I kept stopping - had to go to the bathroom, start the next video, turn on the fan.  I told myself that I could stop at 3.5 miles.  That I didn't have to do the full 7.  Well 3.5 came and then 4 and then 5. 

And I started to feel good.  I did the last 2 miles in just over 28 minutes and my last mile was my fastest.  I wanted to run faster.  I kept upping the speed and was keeping up.  My last mile was 13:40 but my overall pace was 15:13.  Which I am really happy about. 

I added some songs from Moulin Rouge to my ipod and having new music has been super helpful this week.  I forgot how much I liked the music from that movie :)

I was also watching TBL and seeing them finish a tri was pretty awesome.  I'm not sure if I'll ever do a tri but hearing the woman who won, talk to herself and encourage herself inspired me to keep going and finish my run strong.

So yeah, 7 miles DONE!  DONE! :D Next week's 5 miles is nothing... and then...NINE miles.  It's been forever since I've gone that far.  I just hope I can do it outside and NOT on the treadmill. 

My pace and distance are improving.  I still have that eating part to work on. 

2 comments:

  1. You are a hero of mine. We're walking in much the same path regarding the weight struggle, although my sports injuries come only after I fall off the couch, haha. I'm going to try running on the treadmill later (if I can find my sneakers), inspired by you, and hope that I, too, can find the inner strength in my body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Anon, for your comment! I hope that you were able to find your shoes and get on the treadmill! I am sorry that you are struggling with losing weight too - it's so hard! I thought I had my bad habits banished, but they came back when things got stressful in my life and it's been hard to get back on track. I had lost nearly 100 lbs a few years ago but gained some back and have been losing and gaining over the last 2ish years. I was doing well in the fall and fell off track and gained back 20 TWENTY! pounds over the holiday season. It sucks that it's so hard - even when I know what works for me and know what I have to do.

    ReplyDelete