Saturday, February 1, 2014

All 3 runs in this week!

Though, not exactly when and how I was supposed to do them.  This week my schedule had 3 3 mile runs for Tues, Wed and Thursday plus a long run on the weekend (7 miles).  Last week, I skipped two of the 3 mile runs and only did one and the long run.  This week I did run 3x but did 1.2 miles, 4 miles and 3.8 miles.  And plan to do 7  miles tomorrow.

But!  It's better.  I'm slowly improving at doing all the runs.  I do still plan to try to make up those 6 miles I missed the first week.  Maybe I'll try to get one in next week. 

I had to run on the treadmill again today.  I was not paying attention to the weather and should have run yesterday - no snow and it was "warm".  But I didn't and today we're getting like 5 inches.  I was going to just do my long run in the park today, because, despite the snow it's kind of "warm" and there isn't much wind.  But I'm not sure how quickly they clear the path at the park and I kept hearing sirens outside so I really didn't want to drive today.

And hey, I was a minute faster per mile today for my almost 4 miles than I was last week with a 3 mile run.  That's an improvement!  I kept a fairly steady pace of 12:45 for almost 3 miles and then was trying to get done quicker and would up the speed and then have to lower it again.  I did take a pee break and two water breaks but overall I felt better during *most* of this run.  Which is again, an improvement. 

I'm still sucking at food though.  As I eat a cookie.  And am having tacos for dinner.  Ugh.  It's hard.  It's not my husband's fault at all, but it's just easier when we both are on board with eating better.  I need to just stop buying and eating junk.  I did have a healthy salad for breakfast though.  :) It's so easy to have a healthy salad when you hate ALL salad dressings though :)

Oh and I ran in new socks today.  I <3 my new socks.  http://wrightsock.myshopify.com/collections/double-layer/products/running-ii I love these socks.  They were the first running sock that I bought and I have never switched.  I don't get blisters and they are so soft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment