Saturday, June 4, 2011

Great run today!!

Today I needed to run 9 miles.  And I did it.  I did intervals of 3:1 (3 min running, and 1 min walking) and did pretty good.  I had set a goal for myself of 1:55:00.  I didn't make it, but I did do it in 1:56:51!  Which I was pretty happy with!! 

It was so hot and humid by the time I was done, but overall, I didn't feel TOO bad.  I really tried to keep up with my intervals and not walk more than what I had set for myself.  Granted, near the end, my running was barely a run, and was super slow, but I still did it.  I did get up to 6 mph again for a little bit near home - I just wanted to be done!

I'm feeling good, and am happy.  I have a great husband who I love, who rode his bike for 9 slooooooow miles in this heat and humidity to keep me hydrated.  I would have died without him! 

I hope to really get back on track with my eating and keeping track of my calories.  I've not been doing a good job of it lately, and hope to change that today. 

I feel blessed that I can do this, and have a supportive person in my life to keep me going.  There aren't many people out there who can say that, and I feel lucky that I can.

I love running, my life, my husband, the little family that we've created together, my family, our little home, mt biking, just pretty much everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment