Sunday, June 12, 2011

Nice "little" run...

Me just being a nerd before I went for my run!

Anyway, I ran/walked 10 miles today!  My goal was to be under at least 2:05:00, but I really wanted 1:59:59 or 2:00:00.  I ended up at..... 2:01:41!!!!  I was excited!  I couldnt believe how close I was, and how well I did.  It was a great day, because it was so cool, and not humid like my last long run.  My pace was about 50 seconds better today than last week when I did 9 miles.  I can only hope that the weather for the marathon is about the same as it was today.  It was perfect.

And thank you, husband, for coming with me.  I know it was uncomfortable for you, but I love you for coming with me. 

My legs are a little sore, my right leg and knee are kind of sore.  My right leg is my weak link, I swear.  Over all though, I feel good. 

I looked at my times from last year, and I did 11 miles in like 3 freakin hours.  And my pace was in the 18's.  So I am doing WAY better than last year.  I'm happy about that.  I can see the improvement when I compare my times to last year. 

I also had a good short run Thursday night - I did 2.2 miles and my pace was 11:10! 

I'm feeling pretty good - now if only I could lose 3 lbs, and be under 200 lbs for the first time in over 10 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment