Friday, May 6, 2011

Don't doubt yourself

Thats what my husband told me before I left for my 6 mile run.  I told him I wanted to run my 6 miles in 1:10:00.  I didn't, but I kept repeating that to myself as I was out there today. 
I did do 6 miles in 1:16:09, which is totally awesome.  Thats around 12:37 pace, which is good! 

I was looking at some of my training runs last year, for the Bayshore marathon, and I've improved a lot.  I did a 5 mile run in Jan 2010, and I did it in 1:15:00.  I can now do 5 miles in about an hour.  I did get it under an hour once too :) So I'm doing much better. 
I'm feeling good too, today.  I'm not tired or sore (other than the soreness I had prior to my run) and overall just feel GOOD.  I also was able to sleep in a bit, which helped too. 

It was beautiful out - the sun was out, the temp was perfect, there was a breeze, the scent of freshly cut grass.  I saw a few trilliums, and was tempted to pick them, but of course didn't, and just took a picture instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment