Sunday, May 22, 2011

What I've learned...

I was thinking today while riding my bike, about what I've learned about myself, life, weight loss, and exercising since I hit my highest weight about 4.5 years ago.  And I've learned a lot!


1. I love to run.  Who knew? 
2. I love working out with my husband
3. I like vegetables.  Like peppers, asparagus, green beans, beans, peas and others
4. Making it up a hill on a trail, on a mt bike makes you feel like you can do anything
5. Running 5 miles is a short, fun run now
6. You can be beautiful and healthy at ANY weight and size
7. My husband made me feel beautiful at every weight I've been since we've met
8. My husband is hot.  He's always been attractive, but he looks sooo good now!
9. Portioning out food is NOT that hard.  Once you start doing it, it becomes 2nd nature
10. I can eye ball a serving of PB within a few grams (that one I learned yesterday!)
11. Beautiful days should not be wasted indoors
12. I love to be outside, in nature. 
13. I still hate all bugs, and mayflies still freak me out
14. All this hard work is so worth it - because of how it makes me feel (and looking good is a plus too!)
15. I can run/walk 23.75 miles and not die, and I hope to make that 26.2 this year!
16. I love to see other people outside being active in my very unhealthy city
17. I am still lazy, but at least most of the time I'm lazy AFTER I get some sort of activity in
18. I still have a big ass
19. Being active with my husband has brought us closer together
20. My husband gets as excited as I do when I reach my goals
21. I love to see my husband reach HIS goals
22. Krogert Carbmaster is the best yogurt in the world
23. Cute work out clothes help
24. Having "mortons toe" sucks when you're a runner. 
25. Toenails take about a year to grow back completely if you lose the whole thing
26.  I still scream like a girl if a bee flies into my face (lol did that one yesterday on a trail ;))
27. Life is much easier when you love yourself
28. Life is much easier at 203 lbs than at 298 lbs
29. Life is much easier when you forgive yourself for past mistakes
30. Its better to deal with feelings rather than eat them (I'm still working on that one!)
31. A good sports bra is a MUST!
32. I like not having children, and I like my life
33. Being a hoarder has its advantages, if you save clothes, and lose weight.
34. Owning a food scale is so important
35. Imodium D is a runners best friend at times!

... Thats all that comes to mind at the moment. 

2 comments:

  1. Liz-
    I love your list of things that you have learned. That is great!! I, too, was once overweight (about 3 years ago) thanks to help from weight watchers and my determination, I am 50 pounds lighter. I learned this....I will NEVER go back to that heavy girl again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy!! I totally understand that feeling of never wanting to go back! And congrats on the 50 lbs lost, and keeping it off!

    ReplyDelete