Saturday, May 7, 2011

Elitist Attitudes...

...Suck.  And its awful in the running community.  If you aren't as fast or as thin as the typical runner, you're not a runner.  If you cant go long distances, you're not a runner.  The looks I've gotten, the comments I've received - I'm surprised I still run.  Read any running message board or article, and the comments are horrible and mean about slow or overweight runners.  And even on my calorie counting website - this stupid woman was so mean and condescending to me.  It actually makes me want to stop using that website and log elsewhere. 

Well ya know what I think?  F*ck 'em.  I don't care.  I don't care that I'm fat, and that I'm slow.  I don't care that I may not be able to go 26.2 miles.  I don't care that THEY don't like the way I look in my running gear.  I don't care that I run 12:00 to 12:30 min miles, and because of that they don't consider me a runner. 

I'm fat, I'm slow and guess what people?!?  I'm a RUNNER!  Thats right, I'm going to spoil your sport by lugging my fat ass outside and running slow, and by RUNNING in the MCM.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Lisa!! :) I love that I have your support and you inspire me! I'm sorry that you have dealt with this too.

    ReplyDelete