Sunday, April 24, 2011

I'm a different person


I look at that above picture, and its hard to explain how I feel. I know I'm not at the end of this WL journey that started over 4 years ago, I still have 50 or so more pounds to lose, but this picture just really highlights the changes I've made. I was so unhappy in that first picture. Unhappy with just everything about myself. I hated the way I looked, and hated how fat I had gotten, how I felt, just everything. I was 298 lbs in that picture. And I felt it. Now, at 205, I just feel so much better. I'm lighter, physically, and emotionally too. And I think it just shows in that picture. I had my hair cut on Friday, and I love it. I love that someone actually just did what they thought would look good, and it does. I am so happy that all of that hair is gone!  Look at my neck!  I have a neck!  I have collar bones! :)  My eyes aren't hidden by the fat in my cheeks anymore. 


I've had a pretty good week. I didn't get in both of my half hour training runs, but did get one in on Thursday afternoon. It was a beautiful afternoon, and I'm glad I was able to run outside. I did 2.5 miles under a half hour. Which was great!


Yesterday was my long run of the week. 5 miles. I decided to run at the park again, since it was so nice out. I'm supposed to be doing my long runs according the the training guide I'm following, which means I'm supposed to be doing run/walk intervals at set times through out the run.  I decided to ditch that yesterday and try to make my goal of running 5 miles in under an hour.  I've been trying to do that for MONTHS now.  I think the closest I got was just over one hour in the past.  But I was hyped up on caffeine yesterday, and decided to try again.  I walked for the first 4 mins, but then ran the rest of the way.  On the last lap, my husband (who had already finished HIS five miles in under 40 mins - jerk ;)) joined me about halfway around the loop.  By that point I just wanted to take a walking break, but I knew if I did, I would not make it.  He helped me and pushed me and encouraged me to keep running.  We ran the last bit together, and I sprinted as best as I could to the end - and stopped my watch.


59:24!!!!!!!!!


I finally did it!  I love that my husband was there with me, and ran it in with me.  He's been so encouraging through out this whole thing, and I'm thankful for that. 


I feel like my outside, with my new hair cut, now matches how I feel inside.  I feel so good, and happy.  And that hair was weighing me down.  I'm reaching my goals, and thats awesome. 


My new goal?  10 miles in under 2 hours.  Oh and of course, finishing the marathon in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment