Sunday, April 3, 2011

What do thunderstorms and ice pellet/hail storms have in common?

They have the ability to get me to run faster! :) I've been running in a thunderstorm (last summer), and when I saw lighting and was about a mile away from home, I did run that mile a little faster than I would have.  Yesterday was the hail/ice pellet storm.  I went for a run at the park, and planned on doing 5 miles.  It started off fairly nice.  It was cloudy but the sun started to peak out and I was able to take off my jacket, and was comfortable.  On the last lap it started to get a little colder, and then it started to rain/snow little ice pellets the size of bb's.  They hurt when they hit!  I was laughing though, and enjoying it :) But I just wanted to be done, get into the warm car, and get home to eat lunch.  I was able to push myself a little bit near the end, and finished the 5 miles in 1:01:24.  My fastest 5 mile run yet, and if not for the cramp I had for the last 2 laps, and the few mins of walking I had to do, I think I could have been under 1 hour.  But next time! 


But it was a great run.  Despite the weather.  It smelled like spring, the birds were out, the ducks were swimming, the geese were pissy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment