Friday, April 1, 2011

Just some thoughts...

So, I've been having a difficult week.  I had 3 red days in a row, and one of them was like SUPER red.  I've been really exhausted all week, and I'm not sure why.  It might be because I wasnt as active as I should have been.  I did run Wednesday after work, and it was a decent run.  I went to the park, and did 2.5 miles, and did it in 29:42 or something.  It was my fastest 2.5 miles.  I was wheezing though, it was hard to breathe.

I plan to run today, tomorrow and Sunday.  And maybe go for a bike ride. 

A recent comment at a message board I visit has just had me thinking.  I cant quote exactly, but basically this person said that being fat was a turn off for her, because it grosses her out to think about the sexual aspect.  I totally understand that not everyone is attracted to everyone.  But its amazing how people can still say things that ARE hurtful to so many about fat being gross and disgusting.  If you were to insert race into her comment, it wouldnt be accpetable to say.  But its still acceptable to belittle, bully and make fun of fat people.  I wonder when that will change.  If it WILL ever change. 

I'm still fat.  I'm just less fat than I was.  But because I'm fat, doesnt mean that I'm not a hot, sexy, beautiful woman.  I am.  Inside AND out.  I'm just sorry that comments like this hurt other people.  It doesnt hurt me really anymore because I dont see fat as being bad anymore.  It just is.  Some people are fat, some people are not.  It doesnt say anything about the character of the person.  Its just a word to describe how a person looks. 

3 comments:

  1. good for you for getting your fastest time on at 2.5 miler...that's a great feat. And I gaurnatee you can run circles around 90 percent of the population...regardless of their size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks Karen!! I was excited to be under 30 mins for the 2.5 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love reading your journey!

    ReplyDelete