Sunday, April 3, 2011

My pants are falling off! :)

But thats a good thing!  I put on the biggest pair of pants I've ever bought today.  I bought them for a work Christmas party in Dec 2006.  I remember how frustrated I was when I was shopping that day.  I went to every store in our city that carries plus sized clothing.  Nothing fit.  Everything only went up to a 24, and I had convinced myself it was because everything was running small.  It wasnt that my big ass was a size 26, oh no ;)  I refused to buy a 26, but it didnt matter because I couldnt even FIND anything in a 26.  It was an awful day. 

I finally found a pair of size 24 pants that I could put on if I sucked it in.  I've put them on various times over the past 4 years, but they have NEVER fallen off me.  They would get stuck on my stomach or my ass.  Not today!  Today I pulled them on, and they promptly fell off.  They wouldnt even stay on at ALL!

:) Big smiles!!  I just remember that day and how awful I felt, and how frustrated I was, and how much in deinal I was.  I can almost fit in one of the legs!  I cant even remember what I looked like then, and when I put those pants on, I cant even picture what I looked like to fill them out.  But I DID fill them out, thats for sure. 

I remember how I felt that day, shopping, and in that time of my life.  I'm no longer that person, physically or mentally.  That person coudlnt look in the mirror, and say something nice about herself, and that person wouldnt have run A mile, let alone train for a marathon. 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful moment! I'm smiling with you, Liz. You've accomplished wonderful things. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete