Saturday, April 9, 2011

Looking good girl!

:) Thats what my neighbor said to me as I walked, then ran past his house this morning on my first official "long" run of training.  It made me smile, because yes, I am looking, and FEELING good, and to be called girl at my age :)

So I ran 3.2 miles today, and did it on the bike path, and the mile loop around my house.  I would have rather been at the park, but in an effort to conserve gas I stayed around here.  I'd ride my bike up to the park, but they dont have a bike rack where I could lock my bike up while I ran.  They really need one. 

It was a nice run, it was still cloudy and kind of cold when I went, but overall, it wasnt too bad.  I did it in 39:20, which equals a 12:14 pace.  Which, is pretty awesome, considering I ran/walked at a 2:1 ratio.  I didnt run fast when I was running, just a steady pace.  I didnt want this to become speed work.  I want to follow the book exactly this time.  I just need to re read it again.  I'm following Jeff Galloway's training guide.  At least this time I have enough time to follow it exactly, and the first few long runs are "easy" for me, since I know I can run those distances. 

I also went mt biking today, and made up "my" hills.  It took me two tries on the first one, and I made it up the 2nd, more difficult hill in one try.  Well, I made it to the top, but had to stop because I was running into a tree.  But I did make it up.  :) I'm so NOT coordinated, its almost dangerous for me to mt bike.  But its so much fun!  I did not fall, which is good for my first time out, however I did hit a root, and slammed a personal area into the stem of the bike.  It didnt feel good!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a success to me! Woohoo! And yeah, you are lookin' good girl :)

    ReplyDelete