Saturday, March 26, 2011

Finished the week right!!

I'm feeling sooo good!  I was able to run my butt off and get my fastest 5 miles ever!  1:02:00!!  I'm almost there - to 5 miles in under an hour!  That has been my goal for a while now, and I cant believe I'm almost there.  I remember the first time I went 4.5 miles, and wanted to die after, and it took me like 1:05:00 or 1:15:00 I don't remember.  Anyway, I just remember it was hard, and sucked, and I couldn't do anything after.  Right now, other than some soreness in my left hamstring, I feel awesome.  I'm not tired at all!  It was exactly what I needed after this craptastic week. 

It was period week.  So I was exhausted, but managed to stay with in my calories, even with eating McDonald's for breakfast on Wednesday.  Until Thursday, that is.  Stupid pizza and mozzarella sticks!  And stupid me for buying it.  I really could have resisted.  I was doing soo well.  I had not had a red day in 2 weeks, and then I ate a whole frozen pizza Thursday night.  I decided to log it, and I ate almost 4000 calories for the day.  Ooops!  But whatever.  I don't eat like that all the time, and I no longer feel guilty for what I eat.  I've really tried to stop associating feelings with eating and food.  I'll try to make it 3 weeks without having a red day, and beat my 2 week record :) I didn't reach my exercise goal, but did about 70% of it.  Its like 4.5 hours of moderate exercise for almost 3000 calories burned.  70% is pretty good for this week. 

I have one more week to laze around ;) before I begin my official training for the Marine Corps Marathon!! :)

And why oh why did I not start running until I was 27???  Seriously, I should have started this like 15 years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment