Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I just went outside in the craziest outfit ever....

And I don't care :) Which says a lot about how much I've changed over the past few years.  I haven't showered or changed yet after my awesome run (I'll get to that in a minute) so I was still wearing my spandex knee length black running shorts.  These are like the best running shorts ever.  And I don't care if fat ladies aren't supposed to wear spandex.  I do.  While running.  Anyway, I have those on, and then put on my fleece jacket.  I have on white socks, and then put on brown ankle boots.  Ok, so I was only in my back yard letting my dogs outside, but still it looked crazy. 


When I was planning my run, I planned to go 5 miles.  When I got on the treadmill, I really did want to go 5 miles, and wanted to quit at either 2.5 or maybe 5k.  I'm tired of the treadmill.  I want spring and want to get outside.  But I cant use that as an excuse to shorten my runs.  So thankfully the music that I had on kept me going today.  I have so many favorite running songs, and these songs, specifically these lines, kept me inspired to keep running.

Success is my only motherfucking option, failure's not - Lose Yourself, Eminem
...always waiting on someone else to fix you, tell me when did you forget? It's your life...... - It's Your Life, Francesca Battistelli
But in the end you'll see
YOU-WON'T-STOP-ME

I am a fighter and I
I ain't gonna stop
There is no turning back
I've had enough - Fighter, Christina Aguilera
Just don't give up I'm workin' it out  Please don't give in, I won't let you down - Whataya Want From Me, Adam Lambert

I really wanted to start walking near the end, but didn't.  And because of that, I had a PR for 5 miles.  I didn't realize that this was the best I've done, but I looked back at my old times, and it was.  I ran 5 miles in 1:02:51.  My goal is to get 5 miles under an hour.  I'm so close!  I also hope that I'll be able to run the marathon at that pace, 12 min/miles.  Of course, I'd take faster, but I think thats a good goal to work toward. 

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good.  I had a great run.  I just now need to shower, and get dressed and go shopping.  I hope to go jean shopping too, and find a pair that actually fits.  I am in between sizes or something, and cant find anything that fits my crazy body right. 

2 comments:

  1. Loving your blog, Liz! I linked your blog to mine - hope you don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Saki!! And nope, don't mind at all. Once I can figure out how to link, I'll add you too!

    ReplyDelete