Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Note to Self: Try to not listen to emotional songs while running...

When its certain times of the month.  I almost started crying when listing to Fuckin Perfect by P!nk.  I love that song. 

You’re so mean
When you talk
About yourself
You are wrong
Change the voices
In your head
Make them like you
Instead
So complicated
Look how big you’ll make it
Filled with so much hatred
Such a tired game
It’s enough
I’ve done all i can think of
Chased down all my demons
see you same
I just was thinking of how it used to be for myself, and how I used to talk to myself like that.  I was so mean to myself.  And was thinking of all of the people out there who do the same.  Who cant see their beauty.  Your weight doesn't define you, your life, your self worth, your beauty. 

Think about it - why would you do something good for yourself, if you're constantly telling yourself how worthless, ugly and horrible you are?  I remember thinking I didn't deserve to feel good about myself, and that I deserved to feel like shit all the time.  Most of that goes back to "IT" but not all of it.  As soon as I changed my internal thinking - losing weight became that much easier.  I still struggle at times, but not nearly like I used to.  Because I know that I'm worth this good feeling.  I love how running brings out these feelings!!

You're awesome as you are!  Actually, you're Perfect, fuckin' perfect! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment